Last Updated: May 21, 2022
In this article, we’re going to be discussing the dropshipping supplier Sellvia, the features, pros & cons, pricing, and much more.
With that being said, let’s talk more specifically about Sellvia, and what it can do for your dropshipping business.
What is Sellvia?
Sellvia is a US-based dropshipping supplier, located in Irvine California.
The company itself is a sister business to AliDropship, the well-known ecommerce platform, ran by dropshipping specialists who also run and own several highly successful dropshipping stores. You can have a look at such examples in our alidropship custom store examples article here.
Therefore, Sellvia has been created by collecting all of the knowledge and experience gained from years of hard work, running their dropshipping sites.
One of the biggest challenges we hear dropshippers face is that their customers complain due to long shipping times, and this is because products found on AliExpress are shipped directly from the product warehouses in China.
However, Sellvia presents the perfect solution to this problem, with them having a US-based fulfillment center in Southern California, it means that they can have your business’ products shipped to your customers within 1-3 business days!
Their fulfillment center stores the best-selling products on AliExpress, so you can be assured that you’re only importing products that will get you a positive ROI.
Now that not only saves you a headache (especially if you’re a sole business owner running the show), but it also provides your customers with a great shopping experience, meaning that they will be more likely to become repeat-purchasers and even recommend your store to their friends and family.
It just makes perfect sense to have your products shipped from the USA!
Sellvia also offers a custom store service, where they will create a bespoke store for you, which includes 200 products, all of which are sourced from Sellvia’s warehouse and thus are provided to your customers in 1-3 business days. This is perfect for those who may be less experienced or doesn’t want to spend hours of time guessing, and want a done-for-you store, created and optimized by specialists, so it’s ready to make sales. We’ve talked more about this service in the custom store section below.
How does Sellvia Work?
In this section, we’re going to show how exactly Sellvia works, and really how easy it is to get it fully operational in your store.
Realistically, you can have a store created within a few hours, and Sellvia takes care of the heavy-lifting in terms of importing products (descriptions & images), monitoring stock levels (marking items out of stock on your store, if it’s out of stock in the fulfillment center), managing and placing orders (requires a few clicks).
However, with that being said, let’s discuss each task more thoroughly.
Do you need AliDropship Plugin in order to Run Sellvia
It’s not required if your store operates using WooCommerce. However, if you’re not using WooCommerce, then you’ll need to install and activate the AliDropship original plugin before activating Sellvia.
How to activate Sellvia
How to import products
For example, if you have a Women’s Fashion store, you’ll want to have categories for each product type, including women accessories, t-shirts, bras, underwear, jewelry, etc.
Then you can simply import products via the Sellvia WordPress Plugin, directly into the most relevant product category.
You can do this by clicking on Sellvia —> Product List, which shows all of the products that Sellvia has in stock within their fulfillment center and are able to distribute.
How to fulfill orders
Some of Sellvia’s unique features include:
- Ships products within the US only.
- 1-3 business days shipping.
- Provides dropshippers with access to the top-selling products on AliExpress, so that these can be imported to your store, and shipped from a central US distributor.
- New products are added every week
- All products are stored and shipped from their US warehouse, based in CA.
- All products come with informative and persuasive product descriptions, and high-quality images.
- Promotional campaigns are included for each item.
- They offer products at affordable prices, so there is room to create large profit markups/margins.
- Assign product discounts
- The Sellvia WordPress plugin will handle order fulfillment and item/stock management, with only a few clicks of a button to confirm order details.
- Sellvia is compatible with both Woocommerce and non-Woocommerce stores
- Sellvia can be integrated into existing stores that run the AliDropship original and woo plugin.
1-3 business days shipping
Because all products are shipped from the US warehouse, it means that they’ll arrive at your customer’s home within 1-3 business days.
Provides dropshippers with access to the top-selling products on AliExpress
Sellvia has created its platform and service to only provide the best selling products to their customers/clients. Therefore, all of the stock within their warehouse are popular selling items, and there is quite a variety of products available.
Not to mention, new products are added on a weekly basis.
All products are stored and shipped from their US warehouse, based in CA
The specific address of the distribution center is: 14460 Myford Rd, Irvine, CA 92606
All products come with informative, persuasive product descriptions & high-quality images
Sellvia is a team of marketing specialists, which means they have not only followed best practices when it comes to writing sales copy, but we’re confident that they’ve done further tests to determine which type of content works, and the specific layout/phrasing. Afterall, they run several 6-figure dropshipping stores themselves, so they know what works.
Promotional campaigns are included for each item
You get access to banner images, promotional titles/descriptive text as well as paid campaign targeting settings. So there’s minimal guesswork involved here.
They offer products at affordable prices
Sellvia is a business after all, and they want for you to be successful with your dropshipping store, why? Because if you don’t succeed, you won’t be using their services anymore. It’s a win, win relationship here.
Therefore, when looking at the prices of products on the e-commerce platform, it’s clear that they’re reasonably priced, providing an opportunity to be marked up considerably for your dropshipping store, whilst still providing good value for money.
You can easily mark up the price to best reach your ideal profit margins
Assign product discounts
Sellvia also provides users with the ability to schedule discounted pricing, so that it visually shows the original price on a product listing, alongside the new price, and he percentage discount.
Easily handles order fulfillment & stock management
Once an order has been placed on your store, it literally takes 2-3 clicks to have all outstanding orders fulfilled by Sellvia. It’s really that simple!
Not only this, but when items are out-of-stock in Sellvia’s warehouse, the plugin will automatically update your store, to show that particular item is out of stock too.
Sellvia is compatible with stores built with WooCommerce and also stores that are not
As we can see from the image below, Sellvia is compatible with sites that are running WooCommerce.
It should be noted that Sellvia will work on normal stores (including stores running the original AliDropship plugin) just fine.
Sellvia can be integrated into existing stores that run the AliDropship original and woo plugin.
We’ve included a how-to video guide on exactly you can install and activate Sellvia on such websites.
Remember to make sure the AliDropship Original or Woo plugins are installed and activated first on your store before installing and activating Sellvia.
Sellvia has two pricing plans available for customers.
But firstly, as we’ve talked about in the next section, they firstly offer a 30-day free trial of their services, so that you can be sure that you’re happy before purchasing.
With that being said, they provide both a monthly and annual sellvia subscription plan:
Sellvia Monthly Plan – Pricing
The monthly plan costs $39/month
Sellvia Yearly Plan – Pricing
The annual plan costs $299/year, which means that you’re saving $169 when comparing against the monthly plan, if you were to use the service for 12 months.
Sellvia Free Trial
Sellvia is currently offering new customers the ability to try their service for 30-days, free of charge.
This is particularly good, as we don’t often see companies providing a 30-day free trial of their services… 7 or 14 days is the most common timeframe, so Sellvia is clearly very confident about their platform to be providing such an extended trial period.
This does require card details to be entered, but we’ve dealt with the AliDrosphip/Sellvia team before, and they’re very quick to respond with email communication if you’re unhappy or wanted to cancel for any reason during the trial.
Sellvia Pros & Cons
We’ve gone into depth with all of the unique pros and cons of using Sellvia on your dropshipping site.
- 1-3 day order and delivery fulfillment
- Improves your customers overall buying experience
- More likely to receive repeat-orders and recommendations from current customers
- Fulfill orders in a few clicks
- Provides an ultra-quick way to have product descriptions and high-quality images that are optimized for selling
- Sellvia also provides promotional materials for each product (promo banners, text, targeting, etc)
- Can be integrated with existing alidropship stores
- Only suitable for the fulfillment of products to the USA
- Not yet compatible with Shopify (but the team are working on integration)
- As of yet, package customization is not available
- Limited by the products that you can fulfill, with Sellvia deciding on the products that their warehouse stocks
- Product descriptions are the same for other users of Sellvia
Sellvia Custom Store Service
As we briefly mentioned at the beginning of this sellvia review article, the company is also providing a done-for-you, custom store creation service, which provides customers with a fully functional dropshipping store, that utilizes Sellvia and has over 200+ products in it.
This is very similar to the AliDropship custom store service, but differs because the sellvia custom store ONLY includes products that can be found within their US-based distribution center.
We’ve looked more at the DFY Sellvia store that they’re offering within this service, and it comes with the following features:
Sellvia Custom Store Features
- Niche & product research
- Domain (WWW address)
- 200 products (Ability to add unlimited)
- UX and mobile-optimized design
- Paypal and credit/debit card payment gateways
- Analytics setup
- Store creation within 5-10 days
- Basic SEO: Including basic meta data and homepage article
- Social media page setup: Including FB, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube
- Comes with Social Rabbit, a social media post automation/scheduling tool
- Promotional materials: Including promo video, FB, Instagram, Pinterest, and Promo emails
- Completely done for you, by highly experienced dropshipping/marketing specialists, so you don’t need to worry about the technicalities
- You’ll be assigned an account manager who will initially discuss your interests, goals, and aspirations from running an e-commerce business
- Ability to be as hands-on/hands-off as you want, and your account manager will discuss this during your initial meeting
- Quite a high initial cost of $899 for the custom sellvia store, however, this includes over 200 products, so it’s great value for money! And not to mention the amount of time it saves you, when considering if you were doing the niche research, competitor analysis, keyword research, creating the store, and importing all of the products yourself. We haven’t even mentioned setting up the social media channels or any of the promotional materials/marketing elements.
- Descriptions are not unique, which means is a disadvantage from an SEO perspective, as product URLs will not rank and index well. However, this isn’t completely bad, because the content is highly optimized for sales purposes, and you can quite easily change a few words here and there to make it unique. Not to mention, the most important aspect of an e-commerce site in terms of SEO, is to make sure that it has optimized content on the category pages, which are the URLs that feature a selection of products (I.E Womens Sundresses, Womens Cute Sundresses, etc).
- With the store being a sellvia custom store, it’s limited to only featuring products which Sellvia currently have in stock within their US warehouse. This doesn’t mean that you can’t include products that aren’t in the warehouse, but the Sellvia WordPress plugin would not support the fulfillment of those other products.
Sellvia has created a fantastic service that really solves a problem that is the largest obstacle for most dropshippers and aspiring dropshipping business owners, which is reducing shipping times.
Long shipping times directly impact the customer experience, and unfortunately reduce the lifetime value of a customer to your business, and thankfully, this is now an issue of the past, because your customers can experience quick delivery times and will thus be more likely to repeat-purchase and recommend your store to friends & family.
As with any service, there are some slight criticisms, such as only being able to import products that Sellvia currently has in stock within their distribution center. It would be great if you could request that Sellvia get certain items in stock, but that’s a feature that we’re sure they’ll add further down the line.
However, Sellvia only feature products that are selling well, and this is another one of the largest obstacles that new dropshippers face.
The sellvia plugin and service is available on a free trial, which lasts for 30-days. And then it costs $39 per month (when paid monthly) or $24.9 per month (when paid annually), which makes it extremely affordable.
For now, we think that Sellvia is the perfect solution for dropshippers, enabling them to create a successful ecommerce site, from scratch, which is ready to have products to your customers in a matter of days.
Therefore, we’d highly recommend using the service… So much so that we’re currently developing a store which will only use Sellvia products.